TOOL REPAIR & MAINTENANCE
TOSCO form tools are designed for regrinding and
reconditioning which economically extends the life of the
original tools. Restoration of the tool to its original tolerances
and dimensions is assured when you return your tools to
TOSCO for reconditioning.
The same craftsmanship and quality guidelines used for the
original tools goes back into the reconditioning process. There
is no sacrifice to quality in any respect when TOSCO
reconditions a tool. The value is restored with a professional
and craftsman-like manner in the shortest time possible to
ensure there is no interruption to your production schedules.
Depending on the amount of use and the type of material that the tool has been cutting,
most repairs fall into one of three categories:
Sharpening, Regrinding, and Retipping.
Thread Mills and Porting-Type Tools Repair Guidelines
- Sharpening the flute face only is the quickest and most economical repair. However, this
option is only available on tools with slight wear or minor material build-up.
- Regrinding all cutting surfaces is for tools with major wear.
- Retipping is for tools that have chipped/broken carbide inserts or when diameters have become undersized.
Crush Roll Repair Guidelines
- Complete Regrinding is available where tolerances allow
- We can perform a Wipe-Out where slots and widths are out of tolerance; the whole form is ground off and then reground as new.
Just as TOSCO customers have come to rely upon their quality original standard and special form
tools, they have also come to expect the reconditioning services to maintain that standard of quality.
Quality original tools and quality reconditioning are all part of the tradition of TOSCO value-based
service. Make sure you always return your tools to TOSCO for proper maintenance and repair.
As a service to our customers, we will also refurbish certain tools made by other manufacturers.
Regardless of what your refurbishing needs might be, please feel free to call us to discuss your
Tel: 323-232-3561 Fax: 323-232-3429 High-Res Fax (Prints only): 213-947-1049
Website: http://www.toolspecialty.com Email: Sales@toolspecialty.com